This condition can occur when a "session-cookie" is set to be remembered (set as a Favorite or Bookmark), but is out-of-date or corrupted.
Typically, there has been a network or service interruption that has corrupted the cookie, or in some cases a formatting procedure may have changed with the website, the browser, app, or device Operating System.
Here is what you can do:
If using a mobile device and app
- The simplest solution is to "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" within the device's Settings-Apps area for the specific news-site app.
- If this doesn't work, you may need to uninstall (you still need to complete step "1." above), then re-install the app - there is no charge for apps you have already purchased but need to re-install.
- Be sure when you visit your app-store that you are using the same email address that you used when you first acquired the app.
If using a PC/Windows computer and a browser
- Follow the instructions in the "Clear Cookies Instructions" pdf file - these will insure that all affected cookies are deleted.
If using a Mac/OS-X computer and the Safari browser
There are two probable causes for these issues.
- The Mac OS-X needs to be upgraded (free from Apple) to at least the "Mavericks" release. In this release, Apple has fixed some issues with the way the OS handles some browser cookies.
- The Safari browser must also be at the latest version as there have been security changes to the way login functions are handled.
- The cookies now on the machine need to be cleared, after any Browser or OS upgrade. Please refer to the attached "Clear Cookies Instructions" pdf document for your specific browser. These instructions will help remove the session cookies that are corrupted, in an obsolete format, or which often are not removed if a website has been set as a Favorite or Bookmarked site.